Wednesday, January 23, 2008
When you try to explain Delicious to (non-information professional) colleagues, do you feel like Laurel and Hardy doing Who's on First?

I know that I, for one, often make people glaze over with both my explanation of how it works and my overzealousness at my perception of social bookmarking's unparalleled awesomeness. I'm a Believer, with a capital B. I've been often using Wikipedia to explain social bookmarking for the "non-believer."

"Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to store, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web pages on the Internet with the help of metadata."

Wow, Wikipedia sounds like it was written by a fellow Believer! :D

CommonCraft (a blog I would highly recommend) created a short video to explain Social Bookmarking in Plain English. This is a great introduction for staff, patrons, managers, and your parents when they ask, "do you shelve books all day?"

Labels: , ,


posted by Unknown at 5:35 AM | 0 comments
Get Free Shots from Snap.com